Staff Writer7 October 2020
Toyota has launched the latest iteration of its popular Hilux bakkie in South Africa, building on the Legend 50 model which was introduced in 2019.
A number of models have been consolidated and updated for the 2020 range to keep up with market trends, Toyota said.
The largest change is in the ‘mid-range’ where the SRX is replaced by the Raider.
“The SRX model has continuously evolved in line with market requests. SRX and Raider have now effectively merged, creating an opportunity for a flagship-grade above Raider –precisely what the new Legend grade offers,” said Glenn Crompton, vice-president of marketing.
Toyota said that the most visible change on the new Hilux model is in the front, with new slim-line headlamps flanking an all-new front-grille and bumper design.
The 2.8 GD-6 engine delivers 150kW and 500Nm (Auto). Toyota engineers have improved fuel economy by adopting a larger turbocharger and a new common-rail injection system.
For the first time on Hilux, the Toyota Safety Sense (TSS, a Pre-collision system, Lane Departure Alert and Adaptive Cruise Control) forms part of the standard inventory on Legend 4×4 models.
Some of the specific model additions include:
- S & SR – The S-grade now features emergency brake signal and the SR-grade receives a Limited Slip Differential (LSD) and Variable Flow Control power steering;
- Raider – The 2.4 GD-6 variants (previously SRX), now also boast side and curtain airbags. LED fog lamps, enlarged Multi-Information Display (MID) and Park Distance Control (PDC) is fitted across the board, with Bi-LED main beam headlamps and chrome front treatment also part of the 2.8 GD-6 Raider;
- Legend – Double-cab 4×4 models have leather interior trim, electrically adjustable front seats, a 9-speaker audio system with dash-mounted speakers, keyless entry and push-button start.
The Raider and Legend models boast a new 8-inch infotainment system with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto functionality, allowing users to mirror applications off their mobile phone.
Google Maps and Waze are included, and occupants can access their music libraries and streaming accounts via Apple Music, JOOX, Spotify and SoundCloud.
Wireless telephony is supported via Bluetooth with a USB input for additional media options.
Nine exterior colours are on offer, including the new Oxide Bronze and Pearl White, a first for Hilux. Attitude Black is exclusively available on the 2.8 GD-6 4×4 Legend.
All Hilux models have a 3-year/100 000 km warranty and a 9-services/90 000 km service plan.
Pricing for the single-cab Hilux S model starts at R291,100.
Pricing for the Xtra-cab Hilux Raider starts at R460,000
Pricing for the double-cab Hilux S model starts at R440,400
About shared endorsements
Shared endorsements make it easy for you to get great recommendations from others. This is according to Google, who want your content. The way it works is all about learning your habits for advertising. If you take all the major social media platforms almost all of their revenue is from below the belt advertising. For example, when you visit Google Play, you may see that a friend has reviewed a new album by your favorite artist. Google wants to know if you like the same music.
Here’s what you need to know:
- To help others find cool stuff online, your activity (such as reviews, +1s, follows, shares, etc.) may be used along with your name and photo in commercial or other promotional contexts. Will be used, sold and unlike a motor vehicle that is sold once your details will be sold over and over and over again.
- When it comes to shared endorsements in ads, you can choose whether your name, photo, and activity may be used to help others find stuff you love (and avoid stuff you don’t). You can control this with the setting at the bottom of this page.
- The name and photo shown in shared endorsements are the public profile name and profile photo you have chosen on Google. That is only in theory.
Here are a few examples of shared endorsements on Google. The “Summertime Spas” example shows a shared endorsement displayed in an ad:
Shared endorsements in ads
The setting at the bottom of this page allows you to limit the use of your name, photo, and activity in shared endorsements in ads. It applies only to activity that Google displays within ads. The “Summertime Spas” example above shows a shared endorsement in an ad on Google Search. Changing this setting doesn’t impact whether your name, photo, and activity may appear in a shared endorsement that isn’t in an ad — for example, when you write a review that is displayed in Google Play. You can limit the visibility of activity outside of ads by deleting the activity or changing its visibility settings.Based upon my activity, Google may show my profile name, profile photo, and activity in shared endorsements in ads.Note:
- If you’re under 18, you may see shared endorsements from others, but your own profile name, profile photo, and activity won’t appear in shared endorsements in ads and certain other contexts. Why not if it is so beneficial. Google does not care what music you like nor do we but we do care about you finding what you like at the lowest possible price.
- The VR Marketplace http://www.mvrketplace.org are enabling consumers who are shopping on their site to add a product or like a product but instead of the price being dictated by manufacturers with the crowd using (shared endorsements) you can choose a price and give it a little time as the numbers increase so the price must come down or no sale!
Why is there so much inequality in South Africa?
The difference between wealthy and poor in South Africa has been increasing steadily since the end of apartheid in 1994, and this inequality is closely linked to economics. While freedom is associated by many with democracy. The ability to vote is only the 1st step in the ladder of freedom. The years of wealth creation, education and what we will call negative or slave education may have served the minority power base and thus it is their duty to assist those persons who have been harmed in a way that best serves the nation.
How much is a billion rand?
The Motley Fool
Important: If you have no connection with South Africa, let me provide you with a glimpse. A short introduction.
The Western Cape, Cape Town, and environs are beautiful. Safety, if you go driving alone at night and get lost outside of the city limits, you may be risking your life. Unless you are familiar with the region or location. So, yes like any large city with poverty and slums there is danger. A beach vacation with all amenities and beautiful drives wine estates and good restaurants is really safe. I can almost guarantee your safety. If I may make a suggestion, leave you gold Rolex and flashy diamonds Jewel’s at home. I believe that is good advise when visiting any big city.
However I am not trying to sell you on the idea of a vacation. Unlike many Asian Countries with thousands of website and App developers (Claimed) without a website themselves already red flags. If you in the business and have managed to find qualified trustworthy freelancers, great. We have found the established companies already charge ‘retail’ so their is no real benefit when spending a similar amount when the developer is 3000 km away. That is where South Africa comes in. Since the start of this pandemic business has changed. Many more professionals are working from home and or independently. What many people do not know is the majority of these professionals and designers for ex. Art-Therapists, psychologists, graphic-designers and software-designers have studied and lived in the UK or USA. In other words English is primary language, so there is less likely the excuse will be ‘blamed on translation’ but the real opportunity exists with those industries that you may conclude digitally anyway. It does not really matter if you are 3 miles or 2000 miles away, if you add the weak SA currency, a few months ago $10.00 = R 8.90 today $10.00 = R 20.00, so hiring a qualified South African based service provider or freelancer would cost you half of the already discounted fee.
Thus if you paying in (USD) or basically any currency you can find a great opportunity. That is why are focusing on providing the best trustworthy small business, with your direct access via chat and stream, plus our various reviews and rating options, you are transaction without any real risk. Especially knowing that any new vendor or merchant who registers with us is given credit checks etc. These are available for your perusal, we will also assist at no charge with as much info as possible. (UNDER CONSTRUCTION)
In order to make searching easy we have added (2) two Tags options besides the search block. This way you can be certain every member/vendor product & service provider is based in Southern Africa (ZA). With our Me2api, Maps (Coming soon) you will have multiple search and location indicators. For the member, their listings and business will be promoted within this website under listings and vendors plus we have added same to the me2Blog & me2Tags sections of this site. In other words if you looking for a supplier, product or service in NYC or Humansdorp, each location will have its own pages. Currently the list is set by default in alphabetical order.
The Lamborghini Tecnomar 63 (19.2 m) Motor Yacht is powered by two MAN 24-liter V12 engines, producing a total of 4,000 horsepower, send it to a top speed of 60 knots (about 70 MPH).
Stefano Domenicali, Chairman and CEO of Automobili Lamborghini said:
”This yacht represents the significance of creating a valuable partnership, at its best: our co-operation allows the essence of both organisations’ style and expertise to be transferred to different worlds, sharing in their diversity to interpret and add value to the final product in a new environment. If I had to imagine a Lamborghini on water, this would be my vision. I’m delighted to celebrate this successful collaboration.”